- Boxing Day
- Morning walk on the beach with a borrowed dog.
- Watched the sun go down on Perth City from Kings park whilst enjoying picnic.
- Sunday drive around the suburbs of Perth south of the river down to Coogee, passing Point Walter (A family orientated area along the river) along the river down to East Fremantle (Barracks and bars) in Coogee at John Graham Recreation Reserve (a pleasant clean beach, filled with energetic families)
- Headed up north to Hillarys, which sounds more upper class than it actually is, boat harbour is a great place filled with a bit of beach, many restaurants with a lively atmosphere, grabbing a leisurely lunch at some trendy place.
- Evening, rental film night many chips and cola watching the incredible B-movie 'Hobo with a Shotgun'
- Day at the beach enjoying a bit of body surfing.
- Evening, spent relaxing before a weekend away...
- New Year's Eve
- Picked up a camper van and drove down to Margaret River, saw my first ever Kangaroo (dead on the side of the road.)
- 3 and half hours later arrived into Margaret River and check into the campsite, grabbed some late lunch at Corners (Standard pub on a corner.)
- Driving around Margaret river going to Edwards vineyard for a few tasters of their red wine.
- Evening party celebrations saw us at the fairly-sleazy venue, Settlers, as was said, sleazy and cheesy.
- Successfully missed out on the New Year's countdown when the band was so into singing a shit rendition of Mr. Brightside by The Killers that, at 00:05 they counted down from 3, with much lacklustre said "Happy New Year!" and went into an equally shit rendition of some shitty Abba song.
- Thankfully this sour note did last the rest of the night as we returned to the campsite and everyone passed out, I got to having a few drinks with this travelling couple, and have been all around the globe and listening to their stories brought me back from a fairly average night.
- New Year's Day.
- The world, it's brother and extended family had the same idea to go out for breakfast, the long long wait was worth it when my shabby breakfast burrito was plonked down in front of me, too hungry to care.
- Drove around the area, through these impressive some impressive forests and down into Hamelin Bay a quiet calm beach with stingrays coming up to the water's edge for feeding and interesting rock formations within the cliffs, my highlight.
- Next was a blitz down to Augustus lighthouse, it was a lighthouse.
- Driving back north to Prevlin Bay being awed by the fire damage the area endured a few weeks back, bare exposed rocks where forests once existed, further inland burnt out trees with fresh bright pink foliage coming through was an amazing sight.
- Evening drinks games followed by food, where we waited for ages for take away to be ready (the world, it's brother and extended family had the same idea) I grabbed a drink with a German couple that were fanatic about kitesurfing.