6 Months in Perth: Abridged. | 9th - 15th Jan 2012



9th Jan
  • R and R.
Day's Verdict: Nothing of interest happened.

-----

10th Jan
  • R and R.
Day's Verdict: Nothing of interest happened.

-----

11th Jan
  • Another fantastical sleepless night.
  • Up early for a morning beach run and swim, blow out some hatred towards my home.
  • Evening brought a pleasant evening's stroll for 2 hours in and around Downtown Perth, taking in the sights and sounds of no one around
Day's Verdict: Ohh yes, that's nice.

-----

12th Jan
  • Tried a new restaurant for me, called Banzai in Leederville, great cheap food with and authentic rude service twist.
Day's Verdict: Tasty.

-----


13th Jan
  • Leaving drinks in the afternoon-stroke-evening-stroke-quite early morning
  • Starting at the Royal in East Perth, we scooted along to a place called Queens an old converted rail station, only to finish up at another pub in, somewhereville, called Squires
Day's Verdict: I think it was fun.

-----

14th Jan
  • A day of Cricket, all day long. All. Day.
  • I didn't really understand what was going on, but what I did get, that it was, Australia vs India in a something, for something, to do with something.
  • Hesitant at first because quite frankly, cricket is utterly boring, I really enjoyed myself, chilling on the grass watching the 35 degree day go by as people played in front of you, like some sort of primitive TV, whilst having a picnic!
Day's Verdict: How very civilised.

-----

15th Jan
  • Having the bug from exploring, I took a 3 hour walk down and along the river. Inadvertently passing the best bit along the way Kings Park, but it was too late by then, so I just carried on avoiding it.
  • I went on the most terrifying paddleboarding session I've ever had, with strong currents, winds, a very small board and fairly choppy waters, I was at high risk to falling in, which I really didn't want to do that day, why? Because there were swarms of jellyfish down there, hundreds of the buggers idly being all menacing looking.
  • Turns out I had nothing to worry about, as they aren't poisonous, wasted energy it seems!
  • Evening, had a heavy enjoyable Sunday session at the Garden (for a change!)
Day's Verdict: An awesome day.

No comments: