6 Months in Perth: Abridged. | 2nd - 8th Jan 2012


2nd Jan
  • The previous night the fly screen was broken and needed repairing, the best tool for the job at the time was the ignition key for the campervan, as you can probably see where this is going, it broke, in half, our only key leaving us with no key to start the car and no way of getting home and we had to get home.
  • Doing what all great people do, we left it and got breakfast. Ignored the problem for a while, getting back to the car we tried all manner of things, screwdrivers, punching, hope, but all with no avail.
  • We had one solution left. A locksmith but it was a public holiday and stuck in an area that only has one locksmith, we were riding all our hopes on that.
  • He was on holiday.
  • We booked a coach back to Perth leaving the key breaker to go down with the ship as he wasn't in a rush to get home, we decided to spend the last few hours in Margaret River, swimming in the river and reading magazines (not at the same time)
  • We got on the coach and began our long long journey home...
  • All the while another locksmith made himself known, who had to kindly drive an hour with his kit down to us to see if it was even possible to fix the key.
  • It was possible!
  • We hopped off the coach halfway and met with key-breaker to have a sundowner drink and carry on the the rest of the journey back to Perth the way we started it.
Day's Verdict: Mild Panic.


-----

3rd Jan
  • R and R.
Day's Verdict: Nothing of interest happened.

-----

4th Jan
  • Due to circumstances beyond my control, I had to temporarily move out of my bed, room, house, home I have been living in since I arrived in Perth, to go to somewhere new and exciting.
  • Tonight's entertainment was packing.
Day's Verdict: Packed.

-----

5th Jan
  • Moving Day!
  • I am with a... New key to a... New room with a... New mattress with a... nothing else, just a bed on a wooden floor
Day's Verdict: Awesome Hobo Chic.

-----

6th Jan
  • My Night's Sleep:
    • 21:45 - I head to bed for an early night at my new place so I can feel refreshed and positive in the morning.
    • 21:55 - Sleeping is made difficult as it's more humid than a summer in Dubai.
    • 22:30 - Landlord comes home with another housemate, they're both drunk and seem to be making the nosiest meal in the world.
    • 23:15 - Mosquito enters the room and decides to dive-bomb my ear canals.
    • 00:05 - With his window open, my next door neighbour decides to watch some Lucha Libre, loudly.
    • 01:15 - After a long fought battle with the mosquito using a lonely bare bulb for lighting, I kill the offending mosquito.
    • 03:00 - A housemate leaves the house for work using the tiny pitter-patter footsteps of Goliath.
    • 04:50 - Radio alarm goes off at full blast and continues to play crappy hits with an annoyingly upbeat radio DJ, for 3 hours.
    • 07:20 - My alarm goes off and I get the fuck out of the house and get to work as quickly as humanly possible.
    • 08:05 - I'm tired, full of hate and I've never been happier to be at work - sickening.
  • Thankfully the evening's entertainment brought some stark contrast to the night, through a leaving celebration.
  • Chinese Banquet, set menu where everything was made in front of you, annoyingly the only thing they didn't do was chew for me.
  • Afterwards, we head to a gay bar called The Court, with drag show performance going on, quite the eye-opener and surprisingly good fun.
Day's Verdict: Zombie.

-----

7th Jan
  • Leaving the house early (a common theme not to spend anytime in there whatsoever) I head to Greens & Co. coffee shop for a relaxed morning of eating fruit toast and reading the paper, like a right ol' chap that I am.
  • The day brought nothing much and the evening was drinks at the Garden and further drinks at my old home.
Day's Verdict: Somewhat chilled, what what!.

-----

8th Jan
  • Leaving the house early (a common theme not to spend anytime in there whatsoever) I head to Greens & Co. coffee shop for a relaxed morning of eating fruit toast and reading the paper, like a right ol' local that I am.
  • The day brought a windy beach trip to Scarborough and some afternoon seafood delight before watching an amazing film '50/50'
Day's Verdict: Sunday, bloody Sunday!

No comments: