Life... You Crazy Sonuvabitch! | 2nd July 2011 | 01:33 PDT

Today, I was happy taking my time with life.
Today, life can just wait for me.

Walking down the promenade, I see this guy mouthing my name and staring at me, I wasn't too phased by this as everyone looks at everyone else here, the mouthing I simply put down to, a lucky guess and I continue my walk. Immediately afterwards, I receive a text from someone I met at a divorce party I went to. Then it dawned on me, the guy looking at me, was him!

I go say hi to him who's with another divorce party goer and we start drinking, if I remember rightly it was 2pm, which is way too early for Jagermeister... we did them anyway.

Vanilla Ice wasn't there, but his spirit was with me as I sang along to Ice Ice Baby (via en.wikipedia.org)
  -  Somehow... venue changed... to a brilliant apartment overlooking, Century City, Downtown and Venice Beach - with drinking, music, drinking, singing, drinking, chilling, drinking, laughing, drinking...
  -  Three hours passed, its dark and I open my eye to wake up from my 2:58 hour coma of fighting the effects of much alcohol and the desire to throw up (I lost the latter battle)
  -  We head down to Abbott Kinney road for "First Friday" (a carnival-esque atmosphere that occurs on the first Friday of the month, It's littered with people, alcohol and food carts) Unfortunately, due to my self-destruction earlier, we missed out on bulk of the action but, caught the tail end of this immense fun atmosphere.
  -  We head for the beach but never made it, as tiredness hit the people and alcohol filtered through their veins a fight broke out within the group over some minor politics.
  -  When I gave up trying to help, I got talking to these two girls and was invited to a nearby party (through the doorway where the fight was happening) at that moment, I entered the party, a magical rastafarian came from nowhere and magically broke up the fight in a instant.
  -  The party was rubbish because Red Hot Chili Peppers were playing on the speakers, so I got a cab home and I promptly hit the sack

Today, seems like life won't be waiting for me.
Today, seems like life wanted to sucker punch me instead.

BAM! Right in the kisser (via illpunchyouintheface.com)

No comments: